Last modified: November 21, 2012
As you use our app and/or our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using any information you provide and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
Privacy Policies tend to read like legal documents, but we’ve tried to make it understandable. Your privacy is important to Rivet Apps, Inc. so whether you are a new customer to us or a long standing customer, please take the time to review our practices and contact us if you have any concern or any questions.
What we collect – We collect information to provide requested services to all our users. But, this is a small and limited amount and type of data such as gathering your country location to set default currency in the app.
We collect information that is provided directly to us through the app, or information that is determined based on your use of the app.
- Information we may receive from your use of our apps or services: We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them. This information may include:
- We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number).
- When you use our services or view content provided by Rivet Apps, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include: details of how you used our service, device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, or the date and time of your request.
- When you use a location-enabled service, we may collect and use information about your location.
- We may store information locally on your device to ensure that services you requested can be performed.
How We Use It – We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, protect, and improve our product and service offerings, to develop new product and service offerings, and to protect Rivet Apps and our users.
We may use information you provide across all of the services we offer.
When you contact Rivet Apps, we may keep a record of your interaction to help solve issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as notifying you of upcoming changes or improvements.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information, with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
How We Do Not Use It – We do not share your personal or your company’s information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Rivet Apps unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- With your consent, we will share information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Rivet Apps when we have your consent to do so.
- For legal reasons, we will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Rivet Apps if there is a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to: meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations, detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, and protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Rivet Apps, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Information Security – We work hard to protect Rivet Apps and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized change, disclosure or elimination of information we store. In particular:
- We review our information gathering, storage and processing practices, including physical security, to guard against unauthorized access.
- We restrict access to personal information to Rivet Apps employees, contractors and agents who need that information in order to process it. They are subject to strict confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.